It may not be the first place you might think of as a local day trip destination, but here at Friday-Ad HQ we’ve been discovering all that Croydon has to offer & we’ve been loving what we’ve found! From culture, to history, to food… Greater London’s latest up and coming place to be has a whole lot more to offer than meets the eye.
Mission: Uncover Croydon in all its beauty & quirkiness to the Great British public.
Here are our top 10 reasons why we love Croydon!
- Surrey Street Market – Britain’s oldest street market!
- A town connected – Central London is under 20 minutes away and beautiful Surrey just next door.
- The amazing showcase of super street food and fine produce at South End Food Festival every year!
- Wandle Park – beautiful tranquility alongside the river in this recently landscaped park with tennis and basketball courts, a playground, skate park.. Something for everyone!
- The UK’s second tech city – bringing Croydon to the forefront of innovation and helping digital, tech and creative startups thanks to the Croydon Tech City movement.
- London’s first airport – a hidden gem which, thanks to its amazing volunteers, is now open as a place to learn all about the place where John F Kennedy stepped off the plane and said “So THIS is London…”
- Kate Moss, Sue Perkins, DH Lawrence, Noel Fielding, Martin Clunes… all hail from Croydon!
- The architecture – art-deco, brutalist architecture, Croydon Palace, the Minster… all a symbol of Britain’s industrial past and transition from manufacturing power to international business hub.
- Greater London’s up and coming place to be – thanks to Matthew’s Yard, Boxpark (opening next week!) and all the craft beer popping up all over the place, Central Londoners will soon be flocking to Croydon in their thousands!
- We’re spreading the Friday-Ad love to Croydon this month! And there’s some amazing local Croydon deals available on Friday-Ad right now!