Thank you to all who entered our #TreasureNotTrash competition. We loved seeing your second hand treasures, and picking a winner wasn’t easy! Well done to everyone. We hope that by sharing your second hand treasures, you’ve inspired others to get creative, rethink and recycle more…
Here are the results:
The winner is…
Congratulations Alexandra, you’re our winner!
Alexandra discovered a second hand wooden chest on Friday-Ad and gave it a new life. Now it’s a fresh, modern and stylish storage box, which looks fantastic! Alex has won £100 worth of shopping vouchers – enjoy!
We also chose 5 runners up who’s entries we loved. They’ve each won an insulated travel mug made from recycled plastic, to toast their own creative recycling efforts 🙂
We LOVED this creative and super stylish upcycle by Upcyclemystuff. Take one industrial metal chair, spray paint it a bright colour and add some metallic details – and voila, your very own unique piece of furniture. This would look awesome around a rustic dining table!
2) Home Sweet Home
We were blown away by this idea. #TreasureNotTrash in the truest sense of the word! Who knew you could turn old tumble dryer hoses into awesome autumn, Halloween decorations?!
3) Holly Hamsworth
Holly, you’ve got style girl! So simple, yet stylish and practical. We love it 💚 and hope you’ve inspired others to upcycle their home with some simple ideas and details.
4) Christine Hall
We’ve seen barbeques and boots turned into quirky planters before, but never a cement mixer! What a genius idea, a great salvage and truly unique. Christine, you’ve inspired us!
5) Claire Plumb
We really liked these two very simple upcycling ideas, which show that creating some unique pieces doesn’t have to be a big project involving power tools and paints.
This Competition is Now CLOSED:
We want you to embrace ‘second hand’ and inspire others to do the same, not just to support #SecondHandSeptember, but to try and live more sustainably all year round.
So go on, declutter your home, release your inner bargain hunter and get into upcycling, recycling and reusing.
It’ll be kinder on the environment and immensely rewarding too – from more space at home to more money in your pocket…
Enter our competition to WIN £100!
Share any of the following on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #TreasureNotTrash and tag @TheFridayAd :
- Your Friday-Ad listing (e.g. For Sale, Motors, etc.)
- Photos (or videos) of:
- Second hand bargains you have found
- Preloved items you are selling
- Past or current upcycling projects
The competition is open from 1st September until 31st October 2019, and winners will be announced shortly after. Terms & Conditions apply, see below.
One lucky winner will receive £100 shopping vouchers (just in time for Christmas 😉
They’ll be able to choose between £100 worth of vouchers from either:
- Love2Shop to spend at over 20,000 UK stores, restaurants or attractions; or
- Wearth an online marketplace selling eco-friendly and ethical UK brands
Five runners up will each win an insulated travel mug made from recycled coffee cups ♻️ 👍 from Oxfam’s online shop, in a choice of white or black.
#TreasureNotTrash Competition 2019 – Terms & Conditions
- The Friday-Ad #TreasureNotTrash Competition (the “Competition”) is open to UK residents aged 18 and above.
- Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Competition, share any of the following on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #TreasureNotTrash and tag @TheFridayAd : your Friday-Ad listing (this must be a second hand item you are selling), photos (or videos) of second hand bargains you have found, preloved items you are selling, your past or current upcycling projects.
If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please email us at: email@example.com
- The Competition runs from 1st September 2019 until 31st October 2019. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- One overall winner and five runners up will be selected by the Friday-Ad (“Friday-Ad”), part of Friday Media Group, from all valid entries received. Friday-Ad’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner and runners up, who will be announced by 30th November 2019, shall be the owners of the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts from which the selected winning entries were sent, and which will be used to notify them.
- 1st Prize: One overall winner will receive £100 worth of shopping/gift vouchers; which they can choose from either Love2Shop OR Wearth. Runner-up prizes: Five runners up will each win an insulated travel mug from Oxfam’s online shop, available in a choice of white or black. No alternatives or cash prizes are available. We retain the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.
- All winners will need to supply their full name, address and contact details, on request by Friday-Ad, to claim their prize. Prizes will only be posted to UK addresses. Failure to respond or provide the necessary details within 6 weeks of the Competition closing, will result in the prize being forfeited.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, you grant Friday-Ad:
- Permission for your entry to be published on the Friday-Ad website, blog and social media pages including but not limited to www.friday-ad.co.uk, blog.friday-ad.co.uk, Friday-Ad’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages. You grant Friday-Ad a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in Friday-Ad publications) for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions; and
- The right to use your name, location and your social media handle for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation. If Friday-Ad has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then Friday-Ad may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition and the winners shall participate in such activity on Friday-Ad’s reasonable request. The winners consent to the use by Friday-Ad and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Competition for an unlimited time, of the winners’ voice, image, photograph or video and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Friday-Ad and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the same.
- Friday-Ad may pass entrants’ details to third parties and/or otherwise engage third party providers in connection with this Competition where the third party is acting on Friday-Ad’s behalf for the purposes of administering this Competition and/or any subsequent publicity, and/or for the purposes of sending you Friday-Ad’s marketing materials; and/or as otherwise required by law.
- The Promoter of the Competition is Friday-Ad, part of Friday Media Group, whose registered office is at London Road, Sayers Common, West Sussex, BN6 9HS. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are not sponsoring or otherwise involved with this competition.
- Friday-Ad accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. Friday-Ad further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or in connection with the Competition.
- Friday-Ad reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of Friday-Ad in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.