You’re off to start a new adventure full of independence, new friends & new found responsibilities at University. You’ve already got the essentials covered, but what about those added extras? Stay ahead of the game with our recommendations…
Kit your student digs out with Friday-Ad!
- Lots of blankets (students can be stingey on the heating!)
- Mattress protector (you want your deposit back, right?)
- Sleeping bag (great for that visiting friend who’s sleeping on your floor)
- Alarm clock
- Door wedge (keep your bedroom door open and you’ll make friends with your new housemates much more quickly)
- Hot-water bottle (did we mention student digs can be very chilly?)
- Desk lamp
- Coffee mug (for those 9am lectures…)
- Bean Bag (great extra seating for your guests, and somewhere comfy to study!)
- Family photos
- Extension cable
- Coat hangers
We don’t need to tell you to pack enough socks and party clothes, but did you consider these outfits?
- A smart outfit for job interviews
- Some old clothes you don’t mind upcycling for fancy dress costumes
Make sure you check what’s included in your new home, and also what your housemates are bringing – you don’t want two of everything! But we definitely recommend bringing the following:
- A wok (cook everything in one big pan, and save on washing up)
- Cheese toastie maker (your housemates will be thrilled with this addition! Toastie’s are the perfect hangover cure!)
- Bottle opener
- Pizza cutter
- Chopping boards (You will never have too many chopping boards, avoid contamination with a colour coded set)
- Tupperware boxes (great for storing leftovers and bringing a homemade lunch to class)
- A pack of cards
- A ping pong ball (essential for beer pong!)
- A big bag for carrying your laundry to and from the launderette
- Torch (power cuts will happen)
- Board Games (If your wifi goes down, you’ll be stuck! Keep entertained with a classic board game – Monopoly or Cluedo are our favourites!)
- Projector (Have the best movie nights by projecting films onto your bedroom wall!)
- Fairy lights
What other items are you taking to University? Leave a comment or Tweet us @TheFridayAd!
Looking for an easy way to spruce up your garden this summer? ‘DIY’ usually sounds like a bit of a chore when it comes to doing it yourself. However, these ten ‘handmade’ garden furniture tricks are totally doable projects you’ll wanna steal. They will save you money...
Are you a small beauty business looking to increase your customer base? You don’t need the marketing budget of L’Oreal to attract a few more clients. In fact, there are plenty of marketing tricks that don’t involve spending a single penny, and are proven to bring in...
You might be looking for a bit of inspiration as to how to give your home a new lease of life. Or maybe you're looking to add in a few upgrades before putting your home on the market in order to get the best price possible. Here are ten renovation ideas that will help...