You’re off to start a new adventure full of independence, new friends & new found responsibilities at University. You’ve already got the essentials covered, but what about those added extras? Stay ahead of the game with our recommendations…
Kit your student digs out with Friday-Ad!
- Lots of blankets (students can be stingey on the heating!)
- Mattress protector (you want your deposit back, right?)
- Sleeping bag (great for that visiting friend who’s sleeping on your floor)
- Alarm clock
- Door wedge (keep your bedroom door open and you’ll make friends with your new housemates much more quickly)
- Hot-water bottle (did we mention student digs can be very chilly?)
- Desk lamp
- Coffee mug (for those 9am lectures…)
- Bean Bag (great extra seating for your guests, and somewhere comfy to study!)
- Family photos
- Extension cable
- Coat hangers
We don’t need to tell you to pack enough socks and party clothes, but did you consider these outfits?
- A smart outfit for job interviews
- Some old clothes you don’t mind upcycling for fancy dress costumes
Make sure you check what’s included in your new home, and also what your housemates are bringing – you don’t want two of everything! But we definitely recommend bringing the following:
- A wok (cook everything in one big pan, and save on washing up)
- Cheese toastie maker (your housemates will be thrilled with this addition! Toastie’s are the perfect hangover cure!)
- Bottle opener
- Pizza cutter
- Chopping boards (You will never have too many chopping boards, avoid contamination with a colour coded set)
- Tupperware boxes (great for storing leftovers and bringing a homemade lunch to class)
- A pack of cards
- A ping pong ball (essential for beer pong!)
- A big bag for carrying your laundry to and from the launderette
- Torch (power cuts will happen)
- Board Games (If your wifi goes down, you’ll be stuck! Keep entertained with a classic board game – Monopoly or Cluedo are our favourites!)
- Projector (Have the best movie nights by projecting films onto your bedroom wall!)
- Fairy lights
What other items are you taking to University? Leave a comment or Tweet us @TheFridayAd!
People across Sussex have decided to put up their Christmas lights earlier this year. After a tough year behind us they have decided to spread some festive cheer around the community. Louisa Light from Burgess Hill decided to create a Facebook group for anyone...
‘Tis the season to...have a jolly good clear out! Sell what you no longer need or love now, and you could have more room and cash in time for Christmas. 💸 Plus we're giving you the chance to WIN a £50 Amazon gift voucher for your efforts! Here is how to...
Everyone loves their pets; they are an integral part of the family, and owning a pet can have many benefits. Not only do these cute and cuddly friends bring a smile to your face, but they also give you a sense of responsibility, show you unconditional love, and are...